Howsham Mill was lovingly restored at the start of the century and needed an impressive website to reflect not only the history and hard work, but make sure visitors know what’s now on offer.
An 18th century watermill on the River Derwent near Malton in North Yorkshire, the mill now boasts a busy education centre and events space. We based our website design on a water theme, influenced by the stunning surroundings. We developed a simple online timeline to show off the mill’s history and the efforts that went into the restoration, and created an area where people can view video content from the mill itself. The site is visually attractive, simple to use and put the mill at centre stage.
Maraid are a fantastic team. Excellent attention to detail, always very helpful and quick to respond to our every need. The professional sense of design and genuine interest in our project shines through in the finished website.
Liz Vowles, Education and Events Officer
What we did
- We developed a water theme to reflect the mill's relationship with the River Derwent
- Front-end build
- Templates that work perfectly on all screen sizes
- Content Management System
- All content can be easily updated
- Created an interacitve timeline to explain the complex history of the mill